On Tuesday, Feb. 20, the BC NDP government will unveil their first provincial budget. The big question: will it boldly tackle the affordability crisis, or will it feel like more of the same?
On Tuesday evening, Gen Squeeze will help you decide for yourself by breaking down the numbers, the promises, and what it all means during our province-wide event: B.C. Budget 2018: Where’s the Beef? You can join in one of two ways:
In Person (Victoria)
- Join us at 6 p.m. at Sunset Labs, 400 Herald Street (behind Value Village, downtown).
- Enjoy a social hour of food, refreshments, and mingling!
RSVP here (bottom of page).
- Join us at 7 p.m. when we’ll begin our province-wide, live-streamed discussion event.
It’s FREE to join!
- RSVP here (look for the "SAVE MY SPOT" button).
The event will include a performance by Marie Metaphor Specht: a poet, visual artist, teacher and member of the 2016 Vic Slam Team! Paul Kershaw and other Gen Squeezers will discuss key areas of the budget including child care, housing and the overall age distribution of public spending.
- Kiddos are most welcome to attend! The event will be live-broadcast, so we’ll have escape routes ready if the little ones get particularly lively ;)
Got burning provincial budget questions already? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll send you an answer, and might feature your query during our live event!
- Get caught up on all things B.C. budget with our preview blog on what’s been promised, what solutions we’re looking for, and what’s coming up next.