On June 14, 2023, Generation Squeeze, Habitat for Humanity GTA and the Aga Khan Council for Canada’s Future Ready Initiative hosted the final of three sessions of our landmark discussion at The Ismaili Centre, Toronto, titled, Housing in the GTA: Who pays and who gains?
Our panelists tackled the toughest and most important questions yet:
- How do we get the housing supply we need?
- Should housing prices rise, fall, or stall?
- Who pays and who benefits as we build, buy, sell and rent homes?
To solve the housing crisis, we need to move past the rhetoric. Why? Because a better future is possible and achievable. Through this discussion, we explored how we can create it. The discussion drew on the perspectives of the host organizations as well as the panelists:
- Paul Kershaw, Founder, Generation Squeeze
- Laurie Payne, Executive Vice President, Development at Osmington Gerofsky Development
- Rosemarie Powell, Executive Director, Toronto Community Benefits Network
- Aleem Punja, National Operating Officer, Aga Khan Council for Canada
- Ene Underwood, CEO, Habitat for Humanity GTA
Videos from past events can be viewed here: