Housing in the GTA: Who pays and who gains?
June 14, 2023 | 7:00 - 9:00pm (ET)
The Ismaili Centre, Toronto 49 Wynford Drive Toronto, ON M3C 1K1
Generation Squeeze, Habitat for Humanity GTA and the Aga Khan Council for Canada’s Future Ready Initiative are hosting the final of three sessions of our landmark discussion at The Ismaili Centre, Toronto, titled, Housing in the GTA: Who pays and who gains?
Join our panelists as we tackle the toughest and most important questions yet:
- How do we get the housing supply we need?
- Should housing prices rise, fall, or stall?
- Who pays and who benefits as we build, buy, sell and rent homes?
To solve the housing crisis, we need to move past the rhetoric. Why? Because a better future is possible and achievable. Through this discussion, we will explore how we can create it. The discussion will draw on the perspectives of the host organizations as well as the panelists:
- Paul Kershaw, Founder, Generation Squeeze
- Laurie Payne, Executive Vice President, Development at Osmington Gerofsky Development
- Rosemarie Powell, Executive Director, Toronto Community Benefits Network
- Aleem Punja, National Operating Officer, Aga Khan Council for Canada
- Ene Underwood, CEO, Habitat for Humanity GTA
The unique format of the evening will draw on input from the audience that will feed into a moderated discussion with our speakers. The formal session will be followed by an informal reception for the entire audience to engage with our speakers, leaders from the three presenting partners, and local politicians on how to translate knowledge into action and positive change.
Registration: 6:30-7:00 pm
Program: 7:00-9:00 pm
Reception: 9:00-10:00 pm
Underground parking is available.
Videos from past events can be viewed here:
Come early and visit the Aga Khan Museum where you can tour the Museum Collections and Temporary Exhibitions and enjoy a quick bite at the Courtyard Café. Museum entrance is free Wednesday evenings from 4-8pm. For more information, visit agakhanmuseum.org.